Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Anisocoria

A few years ago we went to Six Flags and I rode that crazy Superman ride, and when I got off, I had a headache and my right eye was blurred, and my husband told me we needed to go to the ER because my right eye was dilated so big that he could barely see the color of my eye.  I did not go, thinking it was nothing.  It continued, and it was causing me some problems. The doctors were very concerned and I had numerous CAT SCANS and MRI's, and seen eye doctors, opthamologists, neurologists, etc. and no one could figure out why my eye was dilating.  I was also having migraines and sinus problems, so I had sinus surgery and they put me on Lexapro to prevent the migraines, and then the dilating stopped.

Well now, to my knowledge, I have no sinus infection, but I have always had sinus problems, and I have bad allergies.  I have not been having migraines or eye pain, but now my right eye is starting to dilate again.  I also noticed that the same eye droops a little.  I know when my eye dilates because it is very hard to read or even see, because my vision is so blurred.

This has me concerned.  I went through nursing school, I know that anisocoria could mean several things, including some things that are very serious.  All I know is that it is very bothersome to me, and it scares Stanley when he sees it.  So I guess I will have to have all of these tests again.  I just pray that they will figure it out this time and they can stop it.  God willing, they will.

No comments: