Friday, April 10, 2009

On This Day ...

On this day 17 years ago, Stanley and I got married. We did not get married in a church either time we got married. (we divorced in 1997 and lived together and then we remarried in 2003) We have been talking about renewing our vowels this fall in the church. My original plan was to have the pastor that saved (meaning, walked me to the Lord) and then baptized me and baptized all of our kids, to perform the service. I don't know what we will do now. But I really think it is important for us to renew our vowels in a church, since we both rededicated our lives to Christ after we got married the second time, and since we never had that church wedding.

It would be nice to have pictures and family and friends there ... It saddens me how my plans have been shot down. Yeah I'm feeling sorry for myself. You picture your kids getting married in the church you have known most of your life, and BAM, it ain't going to happen, and it upsets me!

Happy original Anniversary Stanley ... I love you more now than I did then, you are an amazing husband, friend, lover, and father. I am so happy God kept us together!

No comments: