Tuesday, July 29, 2008

This & That

I am finding that I grow closer to God by helping others. Doing something for someone, even if it is just praying for them, makes me feel really good, and I learn and grow in Christ at the same time.

I am feeling really good about some things that have been going on. Some friends of mine are having a hard time, and I have prayed for them for a long time, and during this long time I have seen God working, but now HE is really working, and I am praising HIM for it!

I have decided that there should be a law that says that if you are responsible for a diabetic child in any way, form, or fashion, that you should have to go through training. I am really getting tired of people around my son keeping sugary foods around him, or have them included in every "group" event, but expect him not to eat it, and stay on his case about it. Looks to me if they were truly concerned about him eating it, they wouldn't make it available to him, or have events that are centered around sugar. But what do I know?

If I pull him out of the "group" every time there is sugary foods available, he would not get to be with this "group" much at all. He has already been banned from overnight trips with the group because his blood sugar tends to go really high while with this "group" (probably because of all the sugar they keep around him), but I guess it's easier to expect him not to eat it then it is for them not to have it around him. Yeah, that's being responsible ... But they expect him to be responsible. I just don't get it, please God help me get it!

I love my blog, it is a place I can vent and get things off my chest without hurting others feelings. I have found that talking to people does not always work, so this and praying is how I deal with it

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about the inconsideration of others. People are just so caught up in their own lives that they fail to realize that other people have needs. It is tough to look outside of our own little world...it's only natural, I guess.

As frustrating as it is, it's an incredible reminder to us about how we can reach out to others.

I hope the "group" situation improves, though, for your sake!