Thursday, January 10, 2008

Making Changes

I know, everyone tries to make a resolution to change something in the new year. I suppose I'm no different. I have started a diet with the help of Slim Fast. I'm not necessarily using the diet the way they recommend (just yet), but I have lowered my calories to 1700 based on their suggestion, and right now I'm trying to lose 22 lbs, also by their suggestion. Once I reach that goal I will work toward losing more.

Their website has all the tools you need to keep track of the food you eat, how much water you drink, and there is a weekly weigh in so you have to hold yourself accountable. Next week I will actually start drinking the shakes since I will be at school early in the mornings and won't have time to eat beforehand.

We have also been having family devotionals. We have had 5 devotionals out of the 10 days so far this year. We don't do them on Wednesday or Sunday though, since we hear the word at church anyway. So we haven't really missed that much, mainly over the weekend when we were feeling really bad.

Pray for us and these changes. Pray that we continue to do family devotionals and that I can lose some weight (for health and confidence). Have a great, glorious, and blessed day!

No comments: