Friday, January 11, 2008

God - Hello - It's Me Again

Stanley and I are still recovering from that awful cold/flu/bug (whatever it is), and now the kids are starting to get it. That really stinks too because I start school on Monday so they don't have much time to feel bad and get over it.

That's bad I know, as a parent I know my kids should come after Stanley, but in nursing school you can't miss any class time, and especially the first week. Now don't get me wrong, if one of them was really bad (emergency situation), I would miss in a heart beat, but a cold? No sorry, they will have to be shipped to grandpa's house instead.

I truly believe God called me to be a nurse. So I have to give my all and get it done. I remember this time last year I had sinus surgery and the day after surgery I was in class. People couldn't believe it. God made sure I was able, I didn't have any pain, and even though I was tired and wanted to sleep, he gave me the energy to get through nurse aide training - which I have to have in order to start the nursing program.

God has just paved the way for me to be a nurse! I prayed about it and prayed about it before I signed up for classes, and I even argued with him a little bit because I wasn't sure after all these years of baby talk and raising kids if I was smart enough to get in. Then after a prayer and listening to Charles Stanley, I decided to take a nap, and that is when God spoke to me. He told me the verse ASK-SEEK-KNOCK, and so I prayed again and told Him that I was going to step out on faith and trust Him that if I was to be a nurse, He would open all the doors, and HE HAS!

I took the entrance exam and then signed up for classes on the same day. Two classes I dreaded and was most scared of, I passed with A's. I had the opportunity (along with my Eng 101 professor) to share my faith with someone who was lost and needed some direction and love in her life. I haven't seen her since my first semester, but I pray that she is doing better than she was, and hopefully has found Jesus.

I was scared to apply for the nursing program because so many people don't make it in. I prayed that if it was God's will for me to be a nurse, that I would get in, and I did. See if we put our trust in Him, He will see us through things that we never dreamed we would get through.

I have to keep that faith now. The nursing program is tough. I will not see my family that much starting Monday. I won't be able to watch TV most times, because I will need to be studying. But that's OK. I know God will take care of everything. It won't be easy, but it will be worth it!

I will be making more than Stanley does after I graduate. The first year I could make up to $15,000-$20,000 more than he does. Believe me, that will help us a lot. We will be able to buy everything we need and tithe too!

I don't need to be rich, I have never been rich, and to be honest, I thank God for that. Being rich changes people. I see people now who aren't rich, but think that they have to have the best of everything, fancy houses, fancy clothes, lots of jewelry. Charging to credit cards, getting in debt. I'm not big on those things. I like to look nice, but I won't spend a lot of money doing it. I pray that never changes about me.

I have blathered on and on ... Please pray for my kids to feel better and not get as bad as Stanley and I got. None of us need to miss school/work! Stanley had to take two vacation days last week because he was so sick.

Have a great,glorious, and blessed day!