Monday, January 14, 2008

First Day of Nursing School

Well all I can say is so far, so good. I was given a lot of information in one day, but they say they are taking things slow for us the first few weeks, so I'm happy about that. I do have homework for tomorrow though :( I have to be at school every day at 8AM until we start clinicals. Once I start clinicals I will have one day that I won't have to be in class until 2:00 PM.

Anatomy 2 was interesting, we have already started in there as well and I have to start reading the chapter over the endocrine system for Wednesday. I also had to go buy even more stuff for nursing and Anatomy. I had to purchase an online course that we need in nursing for $126, then I had to purchase a lab coat (used at Wagoner's) and goggles and gloves for dissecting a cat. I have to buy the cat next week at another $85 but if I get a lab partner or two, we can split that cost. After it's all said and done, I will only get back around $600 in 6 weeks when they hand out FA checks, and I will need that for gas money. I had over $1500 in financial aid, but that is all I will have left.

I'm going to have to borrow $200 from somebody for uniforms. It's crazy ... I don't know how people can afford school without financial aid ... It's expensive! I just thank God for financial aid!!!

No comments: