Saturday, December 22, 2007

Getting Things Ready

Tomorrow is a big day for several reasons. First we have church, then we have to get stuff together that we are taking to a very deserving family for Christmas. Then we have to go back to church; the choir is putting on a Christmas Cantata that I am a small part of. Then I have to start getting things ready for Christmas dinner.

I am cooking a small Christmas dinner compared to past ones. I am cooking:

Turkey
Ham
Chicken & Dressing
Mashed Potatoes
Green Bean Casserole
Rolls

My sister and her family are bringing a pumpkin pie and two chess pies. My mother is bringing drinks. My nephew may come with his girlfriend, but he probably will come only with a hefty appetite.

I wish all of my family could be here together, but unfortunately there are people in my family who cause so much "hell" for others that they don't want to be around them at all.

I am looking forward to the food and having my nieces and nephews here ... my nieces are the clowns in the family that keep us all laughing with their jokes and little skits they do. I can't wait.

But most of all I'm looking forward to celebrating my savior's birth and looking back over the year, counting all my blessings and thanking my heavenly father above for all of the gifts he has given me and my family.

I pray that you have a wonderful Christmas filled with all of God's blessings! Merry Christmas!

No comments: