Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A Great Christmas

The Stevenson family had a great Christmas this year. Stanley's parents came bright and early to watch the kids open gifts. The kids all got an mp3 player, a bicycle, three outfits a piece, shoes, socks and underwear, and another PS2. Austen got two PS2 games, Tanner got a CD player and a skateboard, Coty got a PS2 game, a skateboard, and a coat. Brianna got a karaoke machine and a karaoke Hannah Montana CD, and a coat. They got gift cards and other gifts from grandparents.

I cooked a big meal, bigger than planned. We had a ham that was to die for, a juicy turkey, wonderful chicken & dressing, Au-gratin potatoes, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, macaroni and tomatoes, green bean casserole, rolls that you have to let rise before you bake, and regular rolls too, and then my sister made two chess pies and a pumpkin pie. My sister and her family, my mom, and my best friend and her new boyfriend all came to eat and visit. It was great having them all here. Stanley's mom and dad was supposed to come and eat later in the evening, but they didn't.

I feel very blessed to have had most of my family with me at Christmas. I know many people are without their loved ones during the holidays.

Have a great, glorious, and blessed day!

No comments: