Wednesday, September 26, 2007

God Vs. Satan

God has really been at work around me this week, it is awesome. I have had the opportunity to witness to someone who may be lost. I know this person is searching for God and answers and God says if we seek him, we will find him. I pray that this person searches until they find him.

God has answered several prayers this week and I just feel like I am back with a loving relationship with him, and I am so thankful! I have been trying to get daily family devotionals going for some now, but like our Preacher's wife said, sometimes Satan doesn't get you to do bad, he just distracts you with good things (like Upward football & cheerleading, and volunteering for everything), that it takes your focus off the really important things like reading your bible, praying, and having family devotionals.

I have been reading my bible everyday for a few days now, and I pray all the time, but it is vital that my family get into a family devotional because it seems like we are falling apart. The kids have been fighting like crazy, they have been disrespectful to us and other people, they have gotten where they don't think they have to mind. I pray that God helps us to get it under control.

My best friend is moving back to Murray. I had the feeling she wouldn't stay long, even if things worked out, which they didn't ... it just breaks my heart because I'm one of few friends of hers who is in church and has a relationship with God. I was hoping if she was here long enough I could lead her to God. I have witnessed to her and have been praying for her on a regular basis, so I have done what God requires of me. I just wish I could know that she was saved and going to Heaven when she dies. UPDATE: Looks like things worked out, and for now she is going to stay. THANK YOU GOD! Another answered prayer!

Satan showed up this morning and caused my kids to miss "Pray At The Pole". He also put in my mind someone who I have felt for a long time doesn't like me. Last night I was at the jewelry party and this person was there. Every time I am around this person I feel like they don't like me, and that's fine I guess, I just wish I knew what I did to them so that I could apologize for it.

I pray for this person a lot and hopefully one day I will have the courage to ask why they don't like me. I am pretty sure that I haven't done anything to them, but a lot of people choose not to like someone for petty reasons, or no reason at all. I just pray that God will fix it, that's all I can do. I can't make someone like me. There are even people who just act like they do like me (I can tell), even though I'd rather them not like me and me know it than act like they like me. I can't stand "fake-ness" in people, it drives me crazy.

We all know that God will win over Satan. Satan is just a pain in the neck that we have to deal with until Jesus comes back. I hope that God has blessed you and kept you safe from harm. Have a great, glorious, and blessed day!

No comments: