Friday, July 27, 2007

R.I.P. Shadow

Just a few minutes ago my precious lab died. I called the vet this morning, they were sure it was Parvo and said I could bring him in and they would give him IV fluids, something for vomitting and the other thing, but no guarantee it would work, or I could give him Pedialyte, Pepto and something for fever at home. I decided to try it myself and went to get the Pedialyte right down the road, came back and he had bled all over the floor from his behind. I poored Pepto down him, Pedialyte, and a child's tylenol and put him out in the garage. Checked on him a few minutes later and I could tell he was dying, I tried more Pedialyte and Pepto, poored it down and he swallowed it good, but a few minutes later more blood came out and he started moaning. A few minutes later he died. I tried so hard to save him but he was too far gone.

The only thing I can figure is that he had it a day before we found him, because it didn't take 24 hours to kill him once we realized he was sick. I just pray it doesn't get the other dogs.

No comments: