Friday, July 27, 2007

One Sick Puppy

Tuesday a kitten that my kids adopted about a week before, died, I thought my boys torchered it to death but now my lab is sick and has many of the same symptoms the kitten did. I found a dead bird in the back yard, and after investigating all around for a possible cause of my lab's sickness, I found part of a bird in his waste. I wondered if the kitten and the dog didn't catch something from the bird, but now my lab seems to have symptoms of Parvo. I am taking him to the vet today after me and the boys get our shots for school.

I sure hope my lab makes it, he is so sick. All he does is drool, vomit, and the other thing. He wouldn't drink anything yesterday, I had to force liquids down him, but last night he started drinking water, and as long as he doesn't eat, he doesn't vomit or the other. He has lost so much weight already, he looks like he hasn't eaten in days.

Saturday he was full of life and playing like he always does, today all he can do sit and drool on the floor, he doesn't have much energy and he sure doesn't feel like playing. I pray that my lab makes it, his name is Shadow and he is the sweetest lab you will ever find. Barely over a year old. I love him so much! My dogs are like my kids to me.

Please pray for Shadow! Have a great, glorious, and blessed day!

No comments: