Thursday, January 15, 2009

Drugs or Jesus

I have been having a hard time dealing with some things lately. Lord knows I have prayed and prayed but I still don't know what to do or what to say. I will try not to go into too much detail, but one problem I have is that I feel, and my kids feel, like they are treated differently than other kids in a couple of different environments. I don't know why this is, and no reason can justify it in my mind, but it happens regardless.

I am the type of person that believes that all people should be treated equally and fairly. I realize there are people that have their favorite kids, I do too, but that does not mean that you nag, be mean to, or be unfair to other kids. It isn't right and is sin no matter how you look at it.

I also have a problem (in general) with the amount of people who are addicted to or take prescription drugs for no reason. These people are all around us; on the roads, in the shopping malls, and for some reason they think because they are legal drugs, that it is OK. It is NOT OK. An addiction is an addiction and not to say these people are bad people, but I don't want that mess around my kids.

Prescription drugs have become the new "street drug", and these people will try to sell these drugs to your kids, or they will even give them away to help get them started or addicted. I have seen good people ruin their lives from abusing prescription drugs. It is mainly pain pills or anti-depressants that are being abused. It is very scary to me because I know how easily doctors just hand them out like candy.

No good doctor should keep writing prescriptions for pain killers without testing the drug level in the person, and without trying alternative methods of pain relief. The doctor that writes those prescriptions every month without checking things out and making sure the client is in real pain and not just addicted, should lose their license in my opinion. They are part of the problem when they need to be part of the solution. Prayer is needed for sure!

That was my soap box for the day ... It could be continued :)

1 comment:

Sherri Watt said...

I agree with you! My brother had severe head pain for years and all they did was give him drugs. He eventually got addicted and could not live without them. Two years ago He decided life was not worth living and took His own life. The drugs played a part in it I believe.

Doctors should be more diligent in finding relief in other ways.

God Bless!