Thursday, December 18, 2008

More Of This & That

Well school is out for Christmas break. I made it to the third semester of nursing ... YAY me! I had my hysterectomy and right side salpingo-oophorectomy (tube and ovary) removed on the 12th. I have had severe pain and swelling, which (hopefully and prayerfully) is going away.

My belly-button is really swollen and I still cannot stand for anything to touch my belly. This has been the worst surgery so far. I had sinus surgery and went to school the next day and had zero pain. I have had three C-Sections where I was up walking like nothing had happened the very next day. But this surgery, this one was very different. I woke up in recovery in horrible pain, and after enough medicine to sedate a horse, I still complained and hit the side rails in agony. Yes, it was that bad.

After crying for a few days in severe pain, the doctor basically put me in a drug induced coma (very strong pain pills), that allowed me to rest. Today I have not taken any of those pills, and only took one of my darvocets for some moderate pain this afternoon. I hate taking pills and will try to prevent from taking them if at all possible. I feel a lot better today ... Thank you GOD!

Then to top all of that off, I overhear something being said to my daughter that is not true. My daughter has been telling me things for a while that someone is saying to her. It struck a nerve when I overheard it myself, and so I made sure that the person saying it knew that it was not true. It really makes me want to get out of the situation we are in because we are doing this out of the kindness of our hearts, and we have gotten nothing but grief for it from day one.

I am trying to keep my anger from controlling how I handle this situation, but it seems like every time I turn around they are doing something to cause me more grief. I may have to call S.S. and tell them I am done. I am trying real hard not to do that, but they are leaving me no other choice if this keeps up.

2 comments:

Angela Belt-Newcom said...

You already know how I feel about all this so I am not going to repeat it here. I just want you to know that I love you. :)

Rick Dawson said...

What Angel said - know you are loved!