Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's Almost Over ...

I've been studying NCLEX review questions since Friday to prepare for my final exam in nursing on Wednesday. So far I have answered over 500 study questions. The Hesi is only 110 questions, so hopefully by the time I am finished, I will have covered the majority of questions that could be on this exam. I will continue to study until late this afternoon, and then I am just going to relax and get myself mentally prepared.

Today I have to stop by the church and pick up a letter that says I work in TeamKid on Wednesday night, so that next semester the school doesn't put me in a Thursday clinical. If I have Thursday clinical, I can't attend church on Wednesday's because of the amount of paperwork patient care requires. Then I have to take it to the school, and then go to WBH for my pre-op stuff.

Wednesday is my HESI final and then church. I will be glad to be finished for the semester ... my brain cannot handle any new information right now. Its processor is fairly slow these days and I am worried the system will crash :)

Thursday is my surgery! I am not looking forward to the surgery itself, but I am looking forward to a pain-free life afterward (after I heal of course). I have to stay overnight :( ... but I look at it as a vacation from the 5 kids in the house. I love them all with all of my heart, but I will not miss the noise! Have you tried to study in a house with three teenage boys and two pre-teen girls? It isn't easy let me tell you!

I am looking forward to being a couch potato for the rest of the week, I haven't watched anything but ER in a long time.

Well please pray that I do well on my nursing final, and please pray that I have a quick recovery from my surgery! Thank you so much, and have a great, glorious, and blessed day & rest of the week!

2 comments:

Ben said...

Don't worry .. Everything will be fine. You seem well prepared for the exam by now. So, take it slow from now on.. God be with you in your exams and surgery. I pray that you recover fast enough. I had a final yesterday and my final grade in History turned out to be 89.6% which means I narrowly missed an A.. I was very upset about it yesterday, but today I just accepted that was God's will. So, when you are writing the exam ask God for the ability to get the best God wants you to have. Maybe its an A, maybe its B or C. But, if you get what God wanted to give you... Everything will be fine.

Angela Belt-Newcom said...

You will do great, Sis! :)