Sunday, November 16, 2008

It Breaks My Heart

I found myself a bit upset today. Upset because some people I adore are not really being treated very well by others, and it has caused them to not feel welcome at our church. I know there will be some that will say it shouldn't matter what others think, it's about God.

Well God would not treat these people this way. God would be supporting them, showing them love. Not whispering behind their backs or judging them for the mistakes they have made. We ALL make mistakes. No ONE person is better than another, no matter what you may think.

It upsets me, it really does. Especially when it comes from people that should know better. Especially from Christians. I know what I have done in my past, and though I have never murdered anyone, I have broken the Ten Commandments (just like everyone else has), and that is just as bad in God's eyes.

Anyway, we all need support and need to be lifted up when we mess up, not kicked while we are down. It upsets me more just thinking about it. Have a great week.

No comments: