Thursday, October 30, 2008

It's All In God's Hands

I was reading my In Touch magazine devotional this morning, and yesterday too. Isn't it funny how devotionals fit what is going on in your life? Well, anyway, it said that most people want the best most qualified person for a job, whereas, God usually chooses the weaker person because they are usually more dependent on him. And through their weakness, HE is strong.

I can't help but believe that I am not the person most people would choose to take care of a child. I don't think I am a bad mother, but I sure haven't received any mother of the year awards either. Some will say I have too much patience, I don't think I have enough sometimes. But who knows what God could be doing in this situation.

I have left it completely up to God. If HE wants us to take care of this girl, HE will fix it to where the judge says she can stay here. If HE doesn't want us to take of her, the judge will say he wants her somewhere else.

The social worker came by yesterday and checked things out, making sure we had the room for her to be here. She also talked with the girl to see what she wanted. My wish is that the man she calls daddy (not her biological father) could take her and care for her.

I will do whatever God wants me to do. I really don't think I need the added stress with going to nursing school, but I know that God does not give us more than we can handle, and HE will provide and make me strong enough to endure. It is all up to HIM now. Just pray for God's will to be done on Friday morning regarding this situation. Thank you!

5 comments:

Angela Belt-Newcom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela Belt-Newcom said...

I will definitely be praying for you. :) God will work it all out.

And, pray for me too. I am very disappointed right now and I don't want it to impact me spiritually, but it is hard in a lot of ways.

Love ya!

Rick Dawson said...

Having full faith in God is far better than having full faith in one's own abilities or inabilities - especially if the question is about availability.
Hugs,
Rick

Ben said...

how did everything go??

Cindy said...

It went ok. I still have the girl until the next court date at least (Nov. 14th), but now I am being tested with my patience, and even my Christianity. Hell has broken loose so to speak.