Thursday, September 11, 2008

New Look - Feeling Blessed

Well I kind of got bored with the solid blue and decided to change things up a bit. I like it but I don't, so I will give it a few days before I change it and see if it grows on me. I hope it is pleasing to your eyes.

I am feeling very blessed today. I have a nice size house, it may need a little cosmetic work done, but it is big enough and structurally sound, so that is good. I have 4 great kids - we joke sometimes about having 4 "terrors" but they are really good kids. They are very open and "mouthy" at times, and that gets them in trouble, but I love it that they all feel like they can tell me how they feel. I also love it that my son who will be 16 years old tomorrow, is more concerned with an x-box 360 than cars and girls. I also love it that my kids are sensitive and willing to help others.

I have a wonderful husband who always thinks of the kids and I before himself. He works hard everyday to provide for us, and he tells us and shows us how much he loves us all the time. I have a great family that I adore and love.

I am able to go to school and follow my dream and God's calling on my life. I am blessed with the best friends anyone could ask for. I know I could call several of them day or night and they would help me in any way that they could.

I just feel really blessed today!

3 comments:

Angela Belt-Newcom said...

I am torn. I like the new look. I liked the old look too. You would think after all these years that Blogger would invest in a few new templates.

Cindy said...

I know it! It feels weird when I see my site now, it has been that dark blue for over two years. I don't know about it yet, but I am gonna give it a day or two.

Anonymous said...

I had to smile as I read your blog. Your son is 16 and you're feeling old. I still feel like I am in my... well.. 40's I guess. But this year my oldest GRANDSON turned 15 and is a sophmore in high school. What happened to all those years in between?? I know I was blessed with more lovely grandkids after him but still, it seems like yesterday when my son came out of the delivery room with tears in his eyes and said "Mom.. It's Jacob Lawrence!" Not it's a boy.. but It's Jacob Lawrence! Back then they didn't do the ultra sounds or at least they chose not to know. Since, I've been blessed with so many good times with my four sons and their lovely children. Yes, families are special. We need to be sure and tell them that often. Thank you for sharing your story. ;-)
blessings,
Esther