Tuesday, August 12, 2008

When It Rains, It Pours!

My son got beat up pretty bad yesterday. He had hernia surgery about 3 weeks ago, and did not need to be fighting. The boy that beat him up knew he had just had surgery ... we know the boy and his father. Both of them have harrassed our family for a long time now.

The boy kicked him where he had surgery, and then grabbed his head and slammed my son's face into his knee and broke his nose. It looks pretty bad. He also has a chipped a tooth. All I have to say is that I hope they are ready for some doctor bills. We had the ER visit with a cat scan, he has to go see the ENT to make sure his nose doesn't need surgical correction, he has to see a dentist, and he will have to be checked out by the surgeon that did his hernia repair to make sure it didn't mess it up.

The boy is being charged (we hope). The boy is related to the major here, so we may request the case be moved to county, the Sheriff told us we could if we feel it isn't handled appropriately. This family tends to get away with everything, so we may request the move. Austen asked him to stop several times and he kept on going, and then Austen even turned his back and the boy kept hitting him. My husband works with the boys father, and my son rides the same bus as this boy does, so things are probably going to get ugly. I am praying that everyone keeps their cool and that God handles this for us.

I had to keep my son home from school today, he is still in a lot of pain.

No comments: