Thursday, June 5, 2008

Thankful Thursday - God's Word




I pledge allegiance to the Bible, God's Holy Word, I will make it a lamp
unto my feet and a light unto my path and will hide its words in my heart that I
might not sin against God.

As I was at VBS last night saying this pledge, I realized how thankful I am for God's word. Without God's word we would not know how to handle everyday life situations. We would not know how to act, and we would not know the sacrifice Jesus made for us.

I am so very thankful to God for HIS word and I am going to remind myself of this pledge so that I will get in HIS word more and hide HIS word in my heart so that I can have a better walk with HIM.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reciting that pledge was one of the things I enjoyed most about working in VBS. Thanks for reminding me of it.

Denise said...

Awesome thankful list, thanks for sharing.

Tracy said...

Wow! How many times did I say that pledge without truly reflecting on the words?? Thank you for this beautiful reminder!

Blessings,
Tracy

Anonymous said...

God's word is my guide for everything. Thanks for sharing the pledge, I'll keep it in mind.

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

Great post!! I immediately was taken back to my childhood as I read the pledge to the Bible. Thank you for reminding us and reflecting on the true words.