Friday, January 4, 2008

Sticker Shock

I went to school today to get my nursing books ... OH MY GOODNESS! ***$715.72*** for 9 nursing books!!! That's just the half of it though, these books weigh 45 lbs. If you add the Anatomy book, I have 50 lbs of books to carry!!! Put it all in my rolling backpack and it is over 60 lbs. I also got my stethoscope and bag of medical supplies that I will need to practice with. I will need back surgery by the end of nursing school, it's ridiculous!

I am excited though I have to say! I used to love playing doctor/nurse when I was a kid, now I get to do for real and I think that is so cool! God is amazing, he has gotten me through three semesters of prerequisite classes, and on January 14th, I will start my first day of nursing classes! Thank you God for seeing me through this far, and I pray that you will be with me, guiding me, and helping me during the next two years.

No comments: