Monday, October 22, 2007

God Has Really Blessed Us

Last night at church we had to tell something about the mission trip we went on. I was very nervous because I don't do well speaking in front of people like that. I said something unintentional and made everybody laugh, which took my nerves away. I would have said something else if time would have allowed.

I would have said that God has truly blessed us with awesome friends, like "J" & "BL" When we went out to eat that Sunday night in NO, the restaurant was pretty expensive and I was about to freak out because we can't afford places like that on one income. I had tears in my eyes because I was truly worried. "J" told me that he would get the kids, and we could just get mine and Stanley's. I said no, but he insisted. That really got me choked up and then I got something in my eye which really got my eyes to tearing up.

It ended up that "J" payed for it all because the place added so much extra for the tip and seperate checks. Stanley and I decided that we couldn't let him pay for the kids or us because our bill had to be over $100. I was calculating what ours was and gave him a check for $90, and then realized that amount was wrong because our drinks and tip was probably more than I figured. It didn't matter though because "J" never cashed the $90 check.

I emailed him last week telling him to cash the check, then last night I told him again, he told me that they through it away. I told "B" that I was going to have to figure something out because I didn't want them to pay for our food. I don't know how to get them to take the money, but I got to think of something.

I just feel so blessed to have friends that are so self-less that they would offer to pay for and then pay for such a big food bill. I hate it that they did, but it just goes to show what kind of people they are. They are awesome people and I feel so blessed to have them in my life.

"J's" birthday is coming up and I'm gonna have to pay him back with his birthday gift. That is the only way I can think of that he will take the money. I'm thinking gift cards to his favorite restaurants :)

No comments: