Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Truth In Romans

Romans 3:19-20
Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be silenced and the whole world held accountable to God. Therefore no one will be declared righteous in his sight by observing the law; rather, through the law we become conscious of sin.

Romans 3:21-23
But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Romans 3:27-31
Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. On what principle? On that of observing the law? No, but on that of faith. For we maintain that a man is justified by faith apart from observing the law. Is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles too? Yes, of Gentiles too, since there is only one God, who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through that same faith. Do we, then, nullify the law by this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law.

Most Christians try very hard to keep the 10 Commandments, even though it is nearly impossible. We try because we love God so much for sending Jesus to die for us, not because we think we are better than anyone else.

Tonight at church, God spoke to me so clearly through our Youth Minister. I have been so busy that I have slipped into religion and out of a relationship with my Father in Heaven. I thank God for speaking to me and I pray that my religion flies away but I get closer with Him in a relationship so that I can be more like Jesus, show more love to other people, and be someone He can use for His glory. Amen!

Have a great, glorious, and blessed week. If you don't have a personal relationship with Christ Jesus, I pray that you will before it's too late. Just call on Him, He will answer you.

Romans 4:8
Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will never count against him." (a saved man)

No comments: