Thursday, August 2, 2007

This That & The Other

We didn't go to church last night because Stanley was so tired and overheated from work. I wanted to go but he wanted me to stay home with him...he told me that key people in the church missed more church than we did. We don't miss church much, I can count on one hand how many times we've missed, but that's beside the point - I love church and hate to miss it, and my day started going downhill after not going.

Today I have a conference I MUST attend or I forfeit my spot in the nursing program. It is from 2:30-5:00PM. They will tell us about the schedule, uniforms, immunizations, grades, etc. I am so excited about January when I will be in the nursing program. Not many people get excited about their career, but I know that this is my true calling.

There is someone in my family (and I won't mention their name), that needs prayer, and lots of it. I won't go into specifics, but they are entangled in Satan's trap, and need to find their way back to God. I have invited them to church-they always have an excuse why they can't come. I have even quit talking to this person because I couldn't deal with the lies they spew-it doesn't work. This person is so vengeful, spiteful, and full of hate for their own family-It makes the rest of the family not want to be around or talk to them if they can keep from it because you never know what this person will do or say out of anger or revenge if you don't do or say what they want you to. Lord please help this person in my family-you know everything they need, you know how to fix it, I pray you do what needs to be done according to your will, In Jesus' name I pray, Amen!

1 comment:

wayneb36301 said...

On missing church, it's great that you love it. That is rare. But the Lord loves you even if you miss a day or so. We must all learn to be the "Church" and worship the Lord anywhere. Sometimes you may need to just take off with your husband and trust the Lord. Never miss because others "get-away" with it. There is no condemnation. Stay faithful to the Church (People)and Pastor, but hear God and stay in peace.