Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I Don't Know What To Do Anymore

I had to take my oldest son to Vanderbilt yesterday to see his endocrinologist. His A1c was once again over 14%. The doctor said it was a huge safety risk for him to be that high, so we can no longer leave him alone, nor can we trust him to check his sugar and get his shots. We have to watch him do it all, or do it for him.

It's a shame that a kid that is almost 15 years old won't be responsible enough to check his blood sugar and get his shots. We have taken everything away from him, phone, church activities (which he loves), going anywhere, doing anything fun, and nothing has worked.

How does he learn to be responsible and take care of himself if I do it for him? I won't always be around, he has got to learn to do this himself. He has got to start caring about himself enough to want to do it.

Lord I can only thank you for keeping Austen as healthy as he has been under the circumstances, because he seems to be trying to hurt his body by not taking care of himself. Lord I am begging you to give me the strength and the guidance to get his blood sugar to a safe level. I also beg you to work on him so that he will care enough to manage his own disease. Just help us all Lord, please just help us all. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lord God, I humbly come before Your throne on behalf of Austen. Lord God, please intervene in Austen's life, let him feel Your presence at this very moment. Lord God, speak to his heart and let him truly understand the need to take care of his body. Let him realize that you have a special purpose for him and if for only that reason, that he needs to care for his temple. Lord God, give Stanley and Cindy the wisdom, knowledge, and strength they need to endure this time in their lives. Lord God, use all of those that come in contact with Austen to be encouragers to him. I pray this in the Holy, Mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Cindy said...

Thank you so much MW, your prayers mean so much to me.