Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Money-Money-Money-Money

I am trying to work a lot of hours this week because school shopping for four kids is quite expensive. Thank God I'm not one of those that has to buy only name brand clothes for my family or it would be real expensive. Stanley should also thank God because I'm not a high maintenance woman. I go get my hair cut maybe three times a year, I don't get manicures or pedicures. I don't spend much money on myself at all, matter of fact there are things I need right now, but we can't afford it. I have four cavities and no dental insurance...two of the cavities need to be cut out, and two need filled. One of them is in the front of my mouth and when it falls out or breaks, I am afraid I won't go out into public anymore. I need an exploratory surgery to see if I have endometriosis, but that is another bill we just don't need right now. I need clothes, I have only a few pairs of pants and shirts to wear to school.

I can't imagine spending much money on myself...or even on my family for clothes and such. I have a friend who spent $800 on one suit and I said to him "Do you know how many outfits I could have bought with that much money?" I mean really. It seems like such a waste to me to buy expensive clothes. I can look nice without paying a fortune, and really, who cares if your shirt cost $10 or $100? I don't try to please others or impress others with my clothes...I have a personality for that.

I won't be able to work much after I go back to school and that hurts because the extra money has sure been put to good use...matter of fact it hasn't even felt like extra money. I can't even pay our medical bills from three in the family having surgery this year...groceries and gas are also killing us financially!

I just pray that God will meet our needs, help us to pay medical bills and tithe, and I'll be happy.

Have a great, glorious, and blessed day ... and don't spend $800 on one suit!

4 comments:

Nathan said...

Money,money,money!! Indeed. Everything is expensive and God will provide. It's easier said than done though. I definately feel for you. Hang in there and you really should get your teeth worked on. I had dental surgery years ago and feel like a new man even though I couldn't afford it at the time. Just look for a dentist that will work with you. Please take care of yourself or you won't be able to take care of your family.

God Bless,
Nathan
Livingkingdom.blogspot.com

Cindy said...

Thanks for the advice Nathan! I will try to find a dentist that will work with me as soon as I get school clothes bought for the kids. I'm praying that God will provide all of our needs, I know he will, I just don't know when. I am hoping soon because this tooth in the front isn't going to make it much longer!

Anonymous said...

Andrew T. Stahr DMD
1401 Broadway, Paducah
442-3136

General denistry,
Christian dentist,
Accepts monthly payments

Cindy said...

I will call this dentist as soon as I buy school clothes...Thanks so much!