Monday, June 25, 2007

Absent From The Body - Present With The Lord

My patient whom I dearly loved, passed away Friday night. I went to the funeral this morning. It was a beautiful service. I just fell in love with the whole family, they are such good people. I pray that God will hold them close at this difficult time.

Kat was the first patient I lost where I was present at the time of death. I wasn't in the room with her, I left her to be with her family, but I was in the next room. I am glad I was there so I could comfort the family. I loved Kat, she and I became good buddies, often laughing and being silly together.

This helps me to know that I am doing exactly what I was meant to do with my life, be a nurse. Though I doubt there are many nurses who would stay with their patients at all hours of the night, without pay, just because they care so much and want to make sure their patient is not in pain and being taken care of. I couldn't help but love her and want her to rest and be comfortable.

May God bless the family and their loved ones, and may they have peace that Kat is at home with the Lord.

No comments: