Sunday, May 20, 2007

Praises, Lessons, & Blessings - Oh My!

Well praise the Lord, what a beautiful day this has been! I love going to church and being with my brothers and sisters and hearing from the Lord. I could live at church, no really. I love going to church, and I truly love my church family. There is just something about being surrounded by godly people that put you in a true worship state of mind.

Today our Sunday school teacher went over a few lessons we had missed. I don’t know about anyone else, but I sure needed to hear those lessons. See I had been dealing with conflict, not directly, but if I hadn’t called upon a trusted friend, I would have been directly involved because I would have said what I had to say (in not so nice of way), and made a total fool of myself. But, thankfully the Lord led me to this friend instead, and this person put my head back on straight for me.

You know you have a godly friend when they don’t tell you what you want to hear, but they tell you what God would want you to hear. I wish all my friends were that way. I’m learning to search for godly friends, not to say I don’t have friends that aren’t in church, because I do. I believe God puts us all in each other’s lives for a reason. I pray that my friends that aren’t in church will start going to church and feel the love and joy I feel when I am surrounded by people who truly care about me. It is almost as awesome as knowing that Jesus died to save me from my sins…ALMOST!

Well I hope you all are having a glorious day today too. If not, I’ll pray that you do. God bless you!

No comments: