Thursday, October 16, 2008

I Need A Boost

I am seriously overloaded. I feel like all I do is read and sit through lectures. I think my brain is going to explode! You might even hear about it on the news ... "Breaking news, a nursing student's brain exploded from information overload today, full story at 10."

Then I hear about all of this election BULL, and get all the nasty emails and people telling me if I am a Christian I must vote for McCain, which just makes me want to vomit. I cannot vote for another 8 years of this mess, REALLY! I want Bill back!!!!

I agree with my BIL (brother-in-law). I think Obama will do more to help the abortion issue than McCain will. At least he voted for programs that gave teens education and contraceptives to reduce teen pregnancies. I mean really, lets think about this for a second--You can't fix the abortion issue if you don't offer alternatives. Abstinence is a great message, but it is not a message everyone will buy into.

The truth is that the world has a stronger hold on our teenagers than God does, and so we have to offer alternatives that fit into their way of thinking, we can't push our beliefs onto other people all the time. It isn't realistic. It's great that we try, but it doesn't resolve the situation!

I am exhausted and I have another sinus infection. I am thinking of buying the Netty Pot, I have been hearing about it for a few years now, and I think it will do me some good. The medicine I need to take for my allergies is about $200 a month ... not including allergy shots. Then they make me tired or agitated, so it isn't worth it to me. I'd rather be stuffy and have a few headaches then be tired all of the time and ticked off.

I really need to sit down and have a long converstation with God today. I have got to forgive some things and work on some things.

Have a great, glorious, and blessed day!

5 comments:

Angela Belt-Newcom said...

I like Obama on everything but FOCA. I used to like McCain. I don't so much anymore and I don't like Sarah Palin at all.

Me and God need some serious powwow time. I got some today, but not much. I need much more.

If you need to talk ... call me. :)

Rick Dawson said...

Hang on, Cindy - the election season will be over soon, allergy season (if yours is the seasonal variety) will be over soon, teenagers grow older and sometimes wiser (I didn't buy into abstinence as a teen, either), and lectures only last so long :)

Continue to trust God; continue to work out your salvation in fear and trembling, know that you are being prayed for and that you are blessed.

Hugs,

Rick

Cindy said...

Thanks Rick, that is so nice!

Rick Dawson said...

You're welcome, sis! To borrow a line from an old James Taylor song, "That's why I'm here" - we're all here to encourage one another.

Unknown said...

I feel you Cindy. A couple of weeks ago I wrote my own post about getting Booster Shots. I am with Rick, we're almost there. However, in the mean time I will keep you lifted in prayer.

MiVida