Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Blog Soup

Tonight's service was awesome, we got into small groups and prayed for our church leaders and for our government leaders. I love prayer services, I am very big on praying for others. I believe that is when God moves the most is when we are praying for people other than ourselves.

I got to thinking ... Ever notice how we all like to point out other people's sins and somehow try to say they are worse than our own? For example, say someone commits adultery, you will hear people gasp and oooh and awww and say how bad that is, but then they totally dismiss their own sins as though they are "better" because it wasn't adultery ... and I'm just using that as an example. It could be lying or judging another, or any sin for that matter.


I don't know why we do that, I suppose due to the guilt of our own sins, we have to find someone "worse" than ourselves to make us feel better. This is one area I am going to try and work on in myself because God says if we break one commandment, we break them all, and all sin is detestable to him regardless if it is murder, adultery, or stealing a dime from your momma'a purse. We need to remember that we are all saved from the same blood of Jesus Christ. He died for my sins just like he died for yours.

I have been having a lot on my heart and mind lately. I have friends that have gone through a lot and in need of prayer and support. Another couple we are friends with are about to be seperated beyond their control and will need lots of prayer and support. I feel like as a church family we need to stay on top of the needs of our people and give them as much love and support as we can because each person is part of the body of Christ, and each person is important.

God is moving and I want to be where HE is doing HIS work. I pray that you will have a great, glorious, and blessed week.

No comments: