Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Great Times

This past weekend we had a big get-together with some of our closest friends. There were two couples plus my sister and her husband and kids, and then my best friend for over 20 years came with her girls. We invited JL & BL but BL was sick so they were not able to come :( We had a big time! We cooked lots of food, and had a bon-fire in the backyard. It was a great day! Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves, and Stanley and I enjoyed everyone being here!

It was originally supposed to be my best friend and her girls staying the night with us, but then Stanley started inviting everyone over to celebrate me being out of school, and my birthday is the 14th, so I think he was wanting to do something he knew I would enjoy. I love having friends over!

I am hoping soon to be able to host a Sunday School get-together. I would love that as well because I really like all of the people in our Sunday School class. they are good friends too. I would have invited all of them last weekend, but my house is half painted inside and half not painted, so I would rather wait until we finish things up. My closest friends know how I am so I don't worry if my house isn't clean when they come over, but I wouldn't want my Sunday School class to see that.

Oh and my favorite things with the weekend? My sister brought her baby, and my best friend brought me a birthday gift that she said she only paid a dollar for, but it is priceless to me!

I pray that you are as blessed as I am with good friends!

No comments: