Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Did We Fail Them?

I have two great friends whom I adore. They have been going through a rough time the past couple of months. Satan has tried very hard to drive them apart. Stanley and I have prayed for them and supported them 100%, trying to help them in any way we know how.

They told me yesterday that are switching churches, and this really broke my heart. I can't help but wonder if maybe as a church we failed them. Maybe we didn't show enough love and support to them. Maybe too many people were whispering and taking sides, and they felt like they needed to be somewhere where people wouldn't judge them??? I don't know, but I know that as Christians, we should NEVER advocate for, encourage, or push for anyone to get a divorce. God created marriage, Satan created divorce.

I just pray that they both do whatever it takes to keep their marriage together. They must put their marriage under God, and before anyone else in their family. And I pray that God heals everything, and that their marriage will be stronger for all that they are enduring now. Please pray for this couple. You don't have to know their names because God knows who they are. pray that God will bind Satan and keep him from tearing them apart, and that they won't worry about what other people think, that they will fight for their marriage with everything they've got! Thank you, and God bless you!

No comments: