Wednesday, October 17, 2007

What A Blessing

This past weekend we were in New Orleans on a mission trip with our church. It was an amazing weekend, I really enjoyed it. We put on a block party for the Gentilly community and it was a blessing to be a part of it. The kids were so precious!

On Sunday evening we took a road trip to see the lower 9th ward, it was sad. One person said that our tax money paid for the flood wall like it was a bad thing ... I don't care to help pay for it, I just wish we could have before the hurricane hit.

We also walked down Bourbon street ... I don't know whose idea that was, but that is not the place to take a church group or kids. I could not believe the things we seen there. I guess it was good in a way, because we got a glimpse of what hell looks like. No really. I have never seen the "f" word on so many shirts in my life. Scary!

No comments: